Company at a Glance
MST – Medical Surgery Technologies – Medical Surgery Technologies Ltd. is commercializing AutoLap®, an image-guided laparoscope positioning system for minimally invasive surgical procedures.
Technology & Product(s)
MST – Medical Surgery Technologies – Medical Surgery Technologies Ltd. is commercializing AutoLap®, an image-guided laparoscope positioning system for minimally invasive surgical procedures. During laparoscopic procedures, a surgical assistant is required to hold and adjust the angle of the laparoscope so that the surgeon can see where he or she is working.
The need for two operators to work two separate systems as one seamless unit is a major challenge in laparoscopic surgery. Having an assistant holding the laparoscope is distracting and cost inefficient and also results in unstable images – a significant distraction particularly with more powerful and sharper next generation HD/3D laparoscopes. Utilizing advanced image analytics and a user-friendly laparoscope
positioner, AutoLap® offers the surgeon full and natural control of the laparoscope and the ability to fully focus on the task at hand. For healthcare providers AutoLap® offers cutting-edge surgical technology for reducing OR costs and driving revenues – at a fraction of the cost of large robotic systems. These cost savings combined with the competitive price of the system facilitates a rapid payback period.
- Minimizes surgeons interactions during procedure (can facilitate solo surgery
- Simple control interface for short learning curve
- Reduced average procedure time through improved workflow (e.g., fewer lens cleaning
- Reduced costs through optimized staff utilization (e.g., scheduling, fewer injuries)
- Seamless OR integration: uses existing equipment (surgical tools, beds and imaging systems), small OR footprint, easy set-up
Objectives: Expanded sales of AutoLap™ in Europe and the U.S.
Target businesses: Distributors ,hospitals, surgery clinics, manufacturers for marketing partnerships and other collaboration.
Target Countries: Germany, France, Scandinavia, U.S.